Skip to main content

Electrical Connection of Strobe and GP Out - Knowledgebase / FAQ - The Imaging Source Helpdesk

Electrical Connection of Strobe and GP Out

Authors list

The electrical connection of the strobe and GP Out is Open Drain MOSFET. In very simply words, they work like a switch. Therefore, there is no square wave or other signal to measure. 

 Please use a pull-up resistor to connect this output to Vcc (max. 24 VDC). Please note that the max drain current is 200 mA:

The pin assignment of a camera can be found in Industrial Cameras: 23/33/Z12/Z30 Series - Trigger and I/O on Page 7. 

The pin assignment of the 33U,37U,38U, 33G,37G,38G series can be found in the Technical Reference Manuals at the cameras under "Documentation" tab too.

A sample connection is also:

The pin numbers can be different at the camera model you use. The "U out" to "Strobe on off" relation depends on strobe polarity, if available on your camera. 

Helpful Unhelpful